Volunteers are the heart of our House
Ronald McDonald House volunteers keep our program running smoothly 365 days a year. A volunteer is often the first face a family sees when they arrive. Volunteers keep the Ronald McDonald House tidy and welcoming; they assist guests at check in and through their stay. They are often a listening ear and a shoulder to lean on.
Ronald McDonald House volunteer criteria:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Volunteer for a three hour shift every other week – we ask that volunteers be prepared to stay with the organization at least a year.
Want to become a House volunteer? Here’s how to get started:
- Complete the Ronald McDonald House volunteer application
- You will be notified by our volunteer and guest services manager with next steps.
- For more information, email our volunteer and guest services manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday–Sunday Shifts Available
- 7 a.m.–9 a.m.
- 9 a.m.–Noon
- Noon–3 p.m.
- 3 p.m.–6 p.m.
- 6 p.m.–9 p.m.
- 9 p.m.–11 p.m. Coming soon
- Greeting guests
- Conducting guest check-in and check-out
- Answering phones
- Basic office tasks
- Light cleaning of kitchen and common areas
- Restocking guest rooms and bathrooms
- Organizing and storing donation items
“What drew me to volunteer at the Ronald McDonald House was the hope that I could be of help to our guests by bringing a smile or lending a hand. I come to volunteer at the House with nothing and leave full, pleased that perhaps I made a difference for someone. I have been blessed!” –Jackie Claussen, RMH Volunteer