How to Stay
Our House is Your Home
From the moment you enter our doors, we want your family to be comfortable. But most importantly, we want to provide you with a safe and supportive environment so you can focus on the most important thing — your child’s healing. Please note: due to COVID-19 precautions, we are currently accepting new families at the House, with reduced numbers of available rooms. Families will be asked to adhere to specific health and safety protocols during their stay at the House.
Additionally, all Ronald McDonald House Charities of Northeast Indiana (RMHC of NEIN) staff, volunteers, vendors and guest families must be able to answer “NO” to all the following wellness check questions. If they answer yes, they will not be permitted to enter the facility until further notice.
- Do you currently have, or have had in the last 14 days, an elevated temperature of 100F or higher, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or other flu-like symptoms, such as nausea, vomiting or diarrhea?
- Have you been diagnosed with COVID-19 by a medical provider?
- In the past 14 days, have you had close contact with a person who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 by a medical provider? (Close contact is defined as being within 6 feet for 10 minutes or more, or living in the same household.)
- Have you been told by a healthcare provider or public health official that you should self-quarantine due to potential COVID-19 exposure or that you are suspected of having COVID-19?
To stay at the Ronald McDonald House
- Families of children who are 21 years of age or younger or between 22 – 30 years of age with an on-going chronic childhood disease.
- The child must be receiving medical care at an area hospital.
- At-risk pregnant women may also stay but must be accompanied by an adult.
- All family members 18 years old age or older who stay with us will need to pass a background check.
- All families must have a referral from the medical provider.
- All family members must be free of infectious disease.
If you meet the above requirements, we invite you to take the next step and contact your medical team for a Ronald McDonald House referral. Additional information can be found within our How to Stay FAQ.
Here’s what you can expect while staying at the Ronald McDonald House:
Sixteen guest rooms with private and semiprivate bathrooms.
Shared living room and dining area in the main House.
Kitchenette with microwave, refrigerator, and coffeemaker in guest area.
Free Snacks and ready to heat foods available all day.
Free laundry facilities and supplies.
Towels and bed linens.
Children’s toys and books.