COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS) UPDATES
The latest information from RMHC NEIN
Ronald McDonald House at Parkview Responds to the Coronavirus
Updated on 11/02/20
During this unprecedented time, the Ronald McDonald House at Parkview is committed to providing clean and healthy family-centered spaces for families to rest, recharge, and connect.
In partnership with our global organization and our medical partner, Parkview Health, we have been slowly reopening our programs.
The following guidelines remain in place:
- Our House remains closed to all outside visitors. Only staff and a small number of volunteers are permitted at this time.
- Donation deliveries are permitted (and appreciated!). Donors should contact the Ronald McDonald House at 260-266-3590 for instructions about dropping off the item(s).
- Common spaces, including the kitchen, dining room and family rooms are open to families with limited hours.
- Our Day Guest Program is reopening with limited hours on a trial basis.
- All guest families must complete a wellness screening prior to entering the House.
- Guests should inform House staff if they have any flu-like symptoms or may have been exposed to COVID-19 in any way.
- All families currently staying in our House may consist of up to two guardians or primary caregivers. We are unable to allow any visitors or other family members at this time.
- Guest families may not return home for any period of time or alternate days/weeks in our House with other family members.
- Masks are required in all areas of the House except for guest rooms.
- We are following social distancing guidelines in our House. This includes remaining six feet away from staff or other guest families.
We’re still here for them thanks to you.
We know many organizations and individuals are struggling with the financial impacts this pandemic is creating. The Ronald McDonald House relies on the community for support in many different ways, and that need has only increased. We hope you will consider supporting Ronald McDonald House families with a donation to keep families together and to provide essential services during this health crisis.
There are several ways your gift could make a great impact:
- Fund a meal: We no longer have the help of meal partners to provide dinner for our families, but the need for meals is ongoing. You can help families immediately by providing funding for meals.
- Donate Gift Cards: Donating gift cards to local restaurants and grocery stores allows us to purchase items we desperately need right away and to provide meals for our families when a meal isn’t being coordinated by a meal partner. You can mail gift cards to the Ronald McDonald House; find our address here.
- Donate Items from Amazon: We have updated our wish list with the most important items. You can donate wish list items from the safety of your own home. Your donated items will be delivered right to our doorstep and put to great use.
- Make a donation: Your financial support will help us continue to be here for our families. We cannot do it without you. Please make a gift today. Donate today!
Thank you for your loyal support of Ronald McDonald House families. We are grateful for your encouragement as we continue to serve families no matter the circumstances.