COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS) UPDATES
The latest information from RMHC NEIN
Ronald McDonald House at Parkview Responds to the Coronavirus
During this unprecedented time, the Ronald McDonald House at Parkview is committed to providing clean and healthy family-centered spaces for families to rest, recharge, and connect. We know everyone is struggling with the current landscape and determining how to protect themselves, their families, and their livelihoods. At the Ronald McDonald House, we have taken several steps to do the same thing for the families that continue to need our services while their child is receiving medical treatment.
Our House and Programs
To prevent exposure and the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), our global organization made the difficult decision to suspend the acceptance of new families, effective Saturday, March 21, now through, May 4. Guest families currently staying at Ronald McDonald House at Parkview may remain at the House at this point as long as they continue to meet health and travel screening requirements.
To date, we have suspended all volunteer shifts, our volunteer meal program, and created a plan for limiting all non-operations staff to work from home. We are taking every necessary precaution we can to protect our current families and our staff.
We remain focused on providing overnight accommodations, meals, and support for the families currently staying at our House.
We’re still here for them thanks to you.
We know many organizations and individuals are struggling with the financial impacts this pandemic is creating. The Ronald McDonald House relies on the community for support in many different ways, and that need has only increased. We hope you will consider supporting Ronald McDonald House families with a donation to support our efforts in keeping families together and continuing to provide essential services during this health crisis.
There are several ways your gift could make a great impact:
- Fund a meal: We no longer have the help of meal partners to provide dinner for our families, but the need for meals is ongoing. You can help families immediately by providing funding for meals.
- Coordinate a catered meal to be delivered to our families: Meals must be prepared by a restaurant or facility with a commercial catering license. This option must be scheduled ahead of time with Gretchen Spires, House Operations Manager, at (260) 266-3598 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Donate Gift Cards: Donating gift cards to local restaurants and grocery stores allows us to purchase items we desperately need right away and to provide meals for our families when a meal isn’t being coordinated by a meal partner. You can mail gift cards to the Ronald McDonald House; find our address here.
- Donate Items from Amazon: We have updated our wish list with the most important items. You can donate wish list items from the safety of your own home. Your donated items will be delivered right to our doorstep and put to great use.
- Make a donation: Your financial support will help us continue to be here for our families. We cannot do it without you. Please make a gift today. Donate today!
Thank you for your loyal support of Ronald McDonald House families. We are grateful for your encouragement as we continue to serve families no matter the circumstances.